Fall Meeting 2010
November 5-6, 2010
TOPIC: Religion in the Public Sphere
LOCATION: Tucson Room at Church Divinity School of the Pacific (CDSP), Berkeley, California
- Friday November 5, 2-5 pm. Papers by Bill O’Neill (JST) & Erin Brigham (USF)
- 5-7pm. Business Meeting, Dinner (Cost = $25)
- 7-8 pm. Public Lecture by Ted Peters (Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary)
- “The Wolves of Jack London: Darwin, Sin, and Human Nature”
- Saturday, November 6, 9:30–10am. Continental Breakfast
- 10am-noon, Papers by Daren Erisman (GTU) & Nazeer Ahmed (American Institute of Islamic History and Culture)
"The Wisdom of Serpents? Religion in the Public Realm." ()
William O'Neill, SJ, (JSTB),
Respondent is Jack Crossley.
"Communicative Rationality and public Theology; Some
implications of Contemporary Critical Theory on
Theological Method Today." ()
Erin Brigham (USF),
Respondent is Malcolm Young.
"Power and the Public Sphere: How the pre-Islamic view of
hilm and the Christian understanding of kenosis
may inform Public Policy." ()
Daren Erisman (GTU),
Respondent is Giv Nassiri.
"Faith and the Dialogue of Civilization." ()
Nazeer Ahmed (American Institute of
Islamic History and Culture),
Respondent is Daren Erisman.